JM Blogs

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Review: Starship Troopers | By: Robert A. Heinlein

    




    Starship Troopers
, a true classic which created a genre commonly known as "Military Science Fiction". Written by Robert A. Heinlein in 1959, a book coming from the point of view of military recruits, specifically army recruits (or starship troopers), it truly set the standard for readers and authors alike. Not only has Mr. Heinlein, during his lifespan, created a genre that will forever impact modern literature as we know it, his works set the stage for the Star Wars universe, an even more impactful and relevant work of art, which is now a household name. 

    Ratings: Starship Troopers is told from the point of view of a certain Filipino recruit, Juan Rico. In the span of a mere 264 pages, Juan Rico, truly understands what it really means to be a recruit, and an infantry recruit at that... A few years back, I knew what my profession would be: join the military services. However, as I began to understand life and its true depth, how the birth of a human life is indeed a miracle, I started to realize the true value of life, and deaths finality. It truly is "the inevitable". This book is indeed a work of art. 

    Age Rating: Honestly, this book is a must-read, the only tip I can offer is to be fluent in the English language (reading, writing, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, World! This is my "Hairy Truth".

This is me. Hi. I joined the inaugural  2020 NYC Microfiction Contest and this was my humble submission. In the first round, I was assigned...