JM Blogs

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

JM Written: Personification Poem

I wrote this thinking about the sea when I watched this great animated film entitled "The Song of the Sea".

The Sleeping Sea
by: JMM

Today
the Sea was tired and worn
Remembering how quick her youth was spent
Her waves dying as the years drifted by
She walks through this journey of life
A life of endings and new beginnings

For she was made young again as new life gushed forth within her
Healing old wounds, renewing her waves
Now she dances and dreams of an eternal slumber
Of a day when she is finally
Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, World! This is my "Hairy Truth".

This is me. Hi. I joined the inaugural  2020 NYC Microfiction Contest and this was my humble submission. In the first round, I was assigned...