JM Blogs

Monday, February 22, 2021

Review: The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection

I first read this when my dad recommended it from his personal collection. At first I thought of it as silly, useless, and not funny. At least that was before I actually read the books. It was my introduction to the Art of Comedy. Reading it once is enough, enough for you to remember every detail. Now, here is my review:



Calvin and Hobbes, an amusing and unique comic strip, originally released in April, 1987. The author Bill Watterson, typically writes about a child (Calvin) who has a stuffed tiger which he named Hobbes. Hobbes is the so-called, "brains" of the two. Hobbes and Calvin have a bond immeasurable, although Hobbes is imaginary, the way that Bill Watterson describes Hobbes is incomparable, in such a way that you think Hobbes is real.

The two explore the world at their own pace. They explore the woods and play a game which they call Calvinball, a game which they created and designed. The story is about a normal child called Calvin , told with just a "hint" of comedy. It is an iconic classic that will be remembered forever.

Recommended age: 8+
Book Rating: Phenomenal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, World! This is my "Hairy Truth".

This is me. Hi. I joined the inaugural  2020 NYC Microfiction Contest and this was my humble submission. In the first round, I was assigned...