JM Blogs

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Review: Second Foundation (by Isaac Asimov)



The third book of the Foundation saga is simply called "Second Foundation."

It is about 80 years from the conclusion of the 2nd book. It tells of a group of Psychologists  planning to eradicate the Second Foundation. Thinking that this act will bring about the actual fulfillment of the Seldon Plan, these Psychologists believe that they are destined to beat them.

Little do these Psychologists know that the Second Foundation is full of descendants of the original psycho-historians. The Second Foundation had their own plans and could make certain predictions regarding the possible moves of these Psychologists. The book then tells of this great and climactic battle between the Psychologists and the Second Foundation, with the fate of the Seldon Plan in the balance. Exciting stuff.

Readers will surely experience the awe I felt when I was reading this exciting conclusion to the Foundation saga. This is one of the best books I have read. I can compare my experience reading and re-reading this story to the one I had when I read the Harry Potter series. However, the style of writing and the enjoyment is very different. With Harry Potter, you tend to see the magical world and all its adventures in your head as you read along with the story. With Hari Seldon (haha), you read about the conversations and the exciting discussion of ideas and concepts as the characters experience the "history" Asimov plots out for them.

Asimov's writing is unlike any other. But you don't need to take my word for it; first hand experience is the best. Read it just once and you will understand.

Recommended Age: 14+
Book Rating: Inscrutable, yet Inspiring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, World! This is my "Hairy Truth".

This is me. Hi. I joined the inaugural  2020 NYC Microfiction Contest and this was my humble submission. In the first round, I was assigned...