JM Blogs

Friday, July 9, 2021

Review: The Impossible First (by Colin O'Brady)



An epic and heart-throbbing novel of achieving what was thought to be impossible: crossing Antarctica unassisted with zero resupplies; completely human powered. 

He began on his quest by finding donors to actually supply his project. He was unsuccessful for a long while. But later on he managed to find a supplier of goods (special jackets and tents) as well as a money supplier. He achieved the world's fastest grand slam project ever, in preparation of crossing Antarctica. 

Not only did he have to cross Antarctica, unassisted, with zero resupplies, and was completely human powered, he had to race against an experienced Antarctic traveler (Captain Louis Rudd) . 

At first I expected nothing, nothing at all of this novel (which is always what I expect before actually reading).  But as I reached deeper in, everything made sense. The one thing that I always forget when reading novels such as this is: the beginning is somewhat "boring" and the middle part to the end is the climax and epic/satisfactory ending. He describes it so well that I felt as if I was really there, experiencing what he had during his Antarctic crossing. There are many many reasons why one should read this novel. Such as: realistic, interesting, and unlike any other (in a good way). I did not regret reading this book, and I think almost EVERYONE can enjoy this book like we did (readers of The Impossible First). It is a fantastical, realistic, and fascinating novel, which cannot be described as well as reading the novel.

Attempting different things is absolutely key to enjoying new things that you would never have believed was possible. In trying a new genre of book, I found that, not only fantasy and science fiction topics, are able to create such a fascinating experience. After reading this book, I now include Autobiographies, in my most favourite book genres. Half the time, I discover new things, because of what my parents recommend. Sooo... if your parents ever recommend something, I would say, you should try it. After all, your parents want the best for you. 

Rating: Incomparable, unparalleled, and exceptional

Age recommendation: 12+ ( There is some swearing but these occasions are few and far between) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, World! This is my "Hairy Truth".

This is me. Hi. I joined the inaugural  2020 NYC Microfiction Contest and this was my humble submission. In the first round, I was assigned...