JM Blogs

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

JM Written: Poetry

I wrote this poem ("Looking Down From The Heavens"), during a local writing competition. The topics available were: poetry, short stories, comedy skits, and random (anything at all as long as it was either written or drawn/painted). We sent it in, and all that was next was to wait. Within a month or so, we were sent an email, and it said, we hadn't made it to the top 3, but we came as close as it got, "honorable mention" or the top five people in that section (ages 12-14, I was the youngest of the top five) . We were also told that I was to be published in a book, called "youth writing contest 2021", where the top five of each section would attend. This very poem is what I sent in to my local library:


Looking Down From The Heavens
By: JMM


What do I see?
Earthlings looking up at me.
But what they see cannot be me-
for planets, stars, asteroids, and meteoroids, are all they see.

With their telescopes and special scopes they pierce the clouds of gray 
Red Mars, blue Venus
Yellow Suns, pale moons
a universe of black holes, white dwarfs, and Milky Ways.

 With my ship's scopes and special sensors I see how people feel
They see red, the feel blue
They are tickled pink, using green thumbs
a universe of emotions, a cascade of true colours, of what is real.

They look up past the clouds and ask what else is there?
I look at them and ask do you not see?
Of all the creatures on Earth and amongst the stars in the sky
People see, people feel, people touch and are aware.

They are unique in this, precious and rare.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, World! This is my "Hairy Truth".

This is me. Hi. I joined the inaugural  2020 NYC Microfiction Contest and this was my humble submission. In the first round, I was assigned...