JM Blogs

Monday, June 13, 2022

JM Written: Sonnet

I wrote this thinking about the difficulty of writing. This Sonnet explains itself. Sort-of?

As I Set Out To Write
By: JMM (me)

These words, they do not come easy to me

Try as I might, I remain speechless, dumb

The words written are not as they should be

They are nonsense and thus I remain: numb


These words, they resemble those flying birds

As they flutter from my grasp, all are gone

Paragraphs, stanzas fleeing as a herd

Cannot seize them, no matter how I run


As I stop to catch my breath, I look up

The birds have not gone, above me they fly

The herd is there, ready for the round-up

This hardship was but inside my mind’s eye


I cinch up my saddle, prepare to ride

These mental vistas, my own countryside


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, World! This is my "Hairy Truth".

This is me. Hi. I joined the inaugural  2020 NYC Microfiction Contest and this was my humble submission. In the first round, I was assigned...